In our latest AdvocacyLabs report, a joint initiative with 50CAN, we explore how education advocates can participate constructively in the electoral process to strengthen opportunities and outcomes for the nation’s students.
Researched and written by 50CAN chief executive Marc Porter Magee, the report distills a wide range of academic studies to answer practical questions about how best to build the political clout that advocates need to promote improvements in education. The questions include:
- Do campaigns matter?
- Does campaign spending matter?
- What does electoral spending buy?
- Do campaign policy promises matter?
- Does fact-checking an election work?
- Should advocates recruit candidates?
- Can you persuade the public to vote on your cause?