On June 20, FutureEd and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) joined in releasing the latest results from the Teaching and Learning International Survey (TALIS) for the United States and 47 other countries and economies. What followed was a spirited panel discussion on the future of the U.S. teaching profession, featuring leaders from the U.S. Education Department, the American Federation of Teachers and teacher training and prep experts.
FutureEd Director Thomas Toch moderated the discussion among:
- Jim Blew, Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Education
- Mayme Hostetter, President, Relay Graduate School of Education
- Andreas Schleicher, Director, OECD Directorate for Education and Skills
- Kate Walsh, President, National Council on Teacher Quality
- Randi Weingarten, President, American Federation of Teachers
- Joanne Weiss, former Chief of Staff to then-Secretary of Education Arne Duncan