FutureEd is pleased to join the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in releasing the latest results from the Teaching and Learning International Survey (TALIS) for the United States and 47 other countries and economies. Director of the OECD Directorate for Education and Skills Andreas Schleicher will share insights from the survey of more than 250,000 teachers and school leaders worldwide, at Georgetown University's law center, followed by a panel discussion on the future of the U.S. teaching profession. FutureEd Director Thomas Toch will moderate the discussion among Schleicher and panelists:
- Jim Blew, Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Education
- Mayme Hostetter, President, Relay Graduate School of Education
- Kate Walsh, President, National Council on Teacher Quality
- Randi Weingarten, President, American Federation of Teachers
- Joanne Weiss, former Chief of Staff to then-Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
Thursday, June 20, 10-11:45 a.m. ET
Georgetown University Law Center, Hart Auditorium, 600 New Jersey Avenue N.W., Washington, D.C.