What do we know about teacher shortages nationally and in specific locations and academic subjects? How are state leaders taking action on this issue in new and more comprehensive ways?FutureEd, EducationCounsel and the Southern Regional Education Board hosted a webinar Nov. 8 on teacher shortages across the nation and how states can take steps to address the problem more effectively.
The panel, moderated by FutureEd director Thomas Toch, included:
- Megan Boren, Southern Regional Education Board, who works with states on teacher-workforce issues
- Tequilla Brownie, TNTP, Executive Vice President, Strategy, Policy & Community Coalitions
- Sandi Jacobs, Principal, EducationCounsel, co-author of a new report on teacher shortages
- Thomas Tomberlin, North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, Director, Educator Recruitment and Support
- Nancy Wright, District of Columbia Public Schools, Director, Instructional Talent Acquisition and Retention