Sharp declines in reading and math scores during the pandemic have highlighted the continuing need to align high standards with high-quality curriculum and instruction in the nation’s classrooms. FutureEd and CenterPoint Education Solutions hosted a conversation on how to help local educators complete the unfinished agenda of standards-based reform.
Moderated by FutureEd Director Thomas Toch, the panel included:
- Michael Cohen, senior fellow, CenterPoint Education Solutions, and former president of Achieve
- Chester Finn, president emeritus, Thomas B. Fordham Foundation, and former assistant U.S. education secretary
- John B. King, president, Education Trust, and former U.S. education secretary
- Laura Slover, chief executive, CenterPoint Education Solutions, and former CEO of PARCC
- Lauren Weisskirk, chief strategy officer, EdReports